Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We need a Great campaign To tell the programme

From: Alejandro Soto
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We need a Great campaign To tell the programmers to improve their programs To work well with the screen Reader
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 03:50:40 -0600

Then it seems that blind is a spectrum and that 97% of people that are blind in
UK can acutually see a bit so screen readers might not be needed but better
font contrast.
Does this mean that what most people use is the web so that programs
(applications) is really not as big an issue (urgent)? And the focus of a
campaign
should be aimed at web?
no
You can not build the  ideas in a single state
UK is Safe place
And there is no wars such in as the Middle East
In my country there are millions of the blinds do not see anything
have fun and be free
ali miracle

Completely agree. For example, according to my country's (Costa Rica) last nation-wide census in 2011, out of the country's approximate 4301712 citizens, 251464 of them have "a considerable difficulty to see, even when using glasses, if at all". That's a pretty high number, considering Costa Rica's relatively low total population. That number represents approximately 5.84% of the whole country! Taking all people with disabilities into account, this translates into about 14.02%. I can proudly say that we have taken this situation quite seriously in both political and daily scenarios, and as a result our country is considerably accessible. However, this must be taken as an account for the demographic differences world-wide. We can take the United Kingdom's stats as a last word.

* 2011 Costa Rica Demographic Census, in Spanish: http://www.inec.go.cr/anda4/index.php/catalog/113/download/713

Cheers,
 - Alejandro Soto