Re: How do you advocate a City agency use libre software?

From: Paul Sutton
Subject: Re: How do you advocate a City agency use libre software?
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 16:50:51 +0000

Hi Don

On 16/12/2020 23:26, Don Saklad wrote:
How do you advocate a City agency use libre software?
For example at
https://www.cambridgema.gov/DHSP/programsforadults/seniorscouncilonaging

Further to my previous response I, along with Noisytoot (Ron) and a few others are working on taking the United Kingdom digital skills framework and applying the tools they suggest using and suggesting the use of free / privacy tools instead.

https://codeberg.org/DigitalSkills/DigitalSkills/src/branch/main/about.md

Social media - Facebook --> Mastodon
Zoom - Jit.si / Big blue button.
MS Office - LibreOffice , LaTeX, Abiword, etc

we moved this to codeberg to help with collaboration.

Hope this helps.

Paul Sutton (zleap on IRC)

--
Paul Sutton, Cert ContSci (Open)