Re: Support RMS

From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
Subject: Re: Support RMS
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 05:08:06 +0000

   On Saturday, March 27, 2021,
   <[1]libreplanet-discuss-request@libreplanet.org> wrote:

     From: Deb Nicholson <[2]deb@eximiousproductions.com>
     Well, it's disappointing but not surprising that a call for
     improving the
     way people are treated within the free software movement is being
     seen by
     some on this list as "hateful" or somehow in "opposition to free
     software."
     I honestly don't see how creating a haven for sexist behavior and
     disrespect can lead to the movement's growth, but maybe I'm mistaken
     in
     thinking that we all want that growth.

   Deb: this response is resigned self-victimisation and conflation of
   unrelated points rolled into one.

   it is a sufficiently well recognised behavioural pattern as part of
   conflict that CRNHQ has a special section on it, "Cooperative Power"

    [3]https://www.crnhq.org/cr-kit/

   Can I recommend that you read that for insights because whilst it is
   clear that, like all of us here, you seek to further Software Freedom,
   you are engaging in "Victim" patterns that are causing division amongst
   your peers, rather than creating the collaborative and welcoming
   environment that you and all here would clearly love to see.

   I trust that you will give this some thought and due attention for
   future interactions with others who share the same Software Freedom
   goals.

   Much respect,

   l.

   --