Re: Web Application, how?

From: J Leslie Turriff
Subject: Re: Web Application, how?
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 00:19:58 -0500

On 2021-05-20 06:37:35 Jean Louis wrote:
> * Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com> [2021-05-20 05:33]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thank you so much for your replies!  I am so glad I asked!
> >
> > An idea came to us yesterday - to provide CompuServe/AOL-style BBS
> > interface.
> >
> > I think maybe the world has gotten too far with GUI and it's time to
> > consider judicious roll back to CUI 😄
>
> Why not. Important is if it is functional and usable
>
> Console interfaces may be easier to understand for many people.

        Some GUI applications (notably, web browsers) impose large overheads in
storage and CPU
use, which are minimal in CUI applications.  The extra overheads and complexity
can lead
to sluggish response.  Also, in many cases CUI applications are easier to work
with
because the user is no continually having to switch from keyboard to mouse,
which
interrupts work flow.

Leslie