Re: LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournament!

From: Dennis Payne
Subject: Re: LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournament!
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 11:53:33 -0500

Libre Game Wiki is good but most lists like this has things that can be
hard to get running or things too early in development to be a good
recommendation. Free software games tend not to have binaries. We need
to make it easy to install. Flatpak/flathub is a possible solution to
that problem. For Anagramarama I decided to make Linux binaries
available on the web site and uploaded it to itch.io for a low price to
help development of free software games. I also got it included in
Fedora.

My personal attempt to improve the situation is with an achievement
system. Gamerzilla allows you to publish achievements online. Friends
can then go to your Gamerzilla site and see what games you have been
playing. I like to think of it as a virtual bookshelf where you can see
what your friends find to be worthwhile. If your friend tried game X
but only got one achievements and got twenty on another game, he
probably liked that other game more.

My Gamerzilla test site is:
http://108.49.106.217/

http://identicalsoftware.com/gamerzilla/