Re: FSF not related to hardware

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: FSF not related to hardware
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 22:58:28 -0500

  > and i can't really afford to make complicated projects as FSF will just
  > endorse my competitor to hurt me financially and make it significantly
  > harder to sustain the development like they did with PINE64 to hurt free
  > hardware projects such as https://github.com/Open-Smartwatch,

Do you think that the FSF's decisions about endorsement of hardware
projects are intended to hurt you personally?  It sounds that way.

I know you only from this discussion, which started around a week ago.
But I do know the basis for the FSF's decisions about RYF
certification.  We drew up a set of criteria, more than ten years ago.
The FSF simply implements those criteria.  There is nothing persona
about it.

If you make and sell a hardware product which satisfies the criteria,
the FSF will be willing to enorse it.

But it will take time!  At the moment, the FSF has just one staff
person handling all sorts of licensing, We have been backlogged in
that whole area.  We need to hire one person more, perhaps even two.