Re: FSF not related to hardware

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: FSF not related to hardware
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 22:56:03 +0300

* Jacob Hrbek <kreyren@rixotstudio.cz> [2022-01-27 20:15]:
> > How do you feel about devices from suppliers such as Pine64, these allow
> for free software to be installed, but also for parts to be removed and
> replaced. -- Sutton
>
> I argue that pinephone should be avoided at all cost as it has a built-in
> spyware and
> backdoor[https://www.pine64.org/2020/01/24/setting-the-record-straight-pinephone-misconceptions/].

The link you have referred to does not tell that it has "spyware"
neither "backdoor". It speaks about blobs, but not spyware or
backdoors. Though such possibility exists.

However, your way of giving references is not consistent with your
statements. It seems like you are giving an URL for people not to
click on it, and not to read it, but only to give your statement on
the mailing list more credibility. I have read it, and I have not
found any reference to spyware or a backdoor.

> I am not hardware engineer i learned everything myself as the
> information needed is widely available and there are numerous
> communities that will guide you in your projects.

I think you should be. Maybe you can learn it. And you should
basically find few hardware engineers and get along and make at least
some free hardware design parts. Do that step.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/