Re: thank you elon musk

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: thank you elon musk
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:45:52 +0300

* Thomas Lord <lord@basiscraft.com> [2022-04-26 21:21]:

> Why is this hard?
>
> A lot of serious people are now looking for an exit from twitter.
>
> The ones I see are asking about Mastadon.
>
> The FSF front page is a bunch of dust stuff about libreplanet,
> and they evince no concerted, organized activity to stand up
> instances and education materials -- to move people to Mastadon.

It was the GNU project with the FSF that initiated promotion of
decentralized and free software social networks with GNU Social.

GNU social
https://www.gnu.org/software/social/

GNU social — a free software social networking platform
https://gnusocial.network/

Mastodon followed thereafter, and it is not the only software under
same standard. Look at Pleroma:

Pleroma / pleroma · GitLab
https://git.pleroma.social/pleroma/pleroma

And that is good effect, the rolling ball effect, and it is due to FSF
and GNU Project.

> Why else do they exist?  It is not enough to "have a position"
> on twitter.  Get to the barricades.

It is already so, and people are opening instances. Mastodon is not
GNU or FSF project but is result of the initiatives as given by FSF
and GNU -- and initiatives are obviously successful.

Please give credits where due.

Research the history of decentralized Twitter-like software.

> I have long been troubled that FSF has devolved to the kind of
> NPO that exists mainly to provide jobs for the people who
> operate it, and not to serve a useful social function.

Please, minimize that kind of rumors. I can't even take you seriously.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/