Question of Aiding and Abetting Proprietary (or non-free) Software in GN

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Question of Aiding and Abetting Proprietary (or non-free) Software in GNU projects
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 11:25:25 +0900

Hello!

I have a sincere question concerning FSF (or GNU?)'s position on the subject.

While I really like and use GNU Guix as my primary Linux OS, the integration of
'Proprietary' (as far as I know, even the regular Linux Kernel package with
proprietary device drivers is considered proprietary - so Guix comes with
LibreLinux)
is considered so distasteful and against the protocol, thus the technical
knowhow cannot be discussed in the mailing lists for Guix.

We can always establish parallel communities and go it alone but it still
leaves the commutation rift between the parallel and the original teams,
sifting the efficient development for desired features.

Having said this, I see that GNU Emacs works on Microsoft Windows??  How in the
world is this done if the GNU's attitude is absolute zero tolerance of anything
Proprietary?

I wish to leave my sincere comment that in no way I am trying to create a
hostile conversation - I just want to know the dynamics of these seemingly
contradictory outcomes.   For example, is Emacs for Windows indeed developed by
a parallel, non-GNU-aligned community?

-Yasu