Re: All "Freedom to share" videos released | New playlist on PeerTube

From: Devin Ulibarri
Subject: Re: All "Freedom to share" videos released | New playlist on PeerTube
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 08:38:26 -0500

Hi,

isf@member.fsf.org:

> That look like a really good experience and a good oportunity to speak
> with others about free software! Could you speak with them about free
> software, they show them interesting in FSF, LibrePlanet or maybe move
> to the GNU?

Yes, a little, but since we were asking them for only "five minutes of
their time," we put together kits with a [few handouts][1], our business
cards, and stickers, which we gave to them so that they could read more
about free software after the encounter (and maybe even share with a few
others).

[1]:
* One of the handouts was basically a printout of
https://www.defectivebydesign.org/blog/idad_coming_soon_stand_us_support_freedom_share_december_16
* Another was: https://www.fsf.org/resources/resources/what-is-fs, which
is in a few different languages
* Another was a (somewhat old, but still relevant) printout of
https://www.fsf.org/givingguide/

>> If anyone subscribed to this list would like to do a similar thing, we
>> published our interview prompts on the LibrePlanet wiki as well:
>> https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Defective_by_Design/Day_Against_DRM_2022
>>
>> You are encouraged to try for yourself!
>
> I really want to replicate your example here in Chile, maybe soon!

If you do, please let us know about it.

Thanks,
Devin

--
Devin Ulibarri // Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Free Software Foundation

Join the FSF and help us defend software freedom: https://my.fsf.org/

US government employee? Use CFC charity code 63210 to support us through
the Combined Federal Campaign. https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/

GPG Key: 2E0E CE75 F816 2B40 7D66 6767 8797 38E6 D644 0D57
What's GPG? See https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ for more info.