Re: configuring libltdl

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: configuring libltdl
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:18:55 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Alexandre Duret-Lutz wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 03:35:25PM +0000, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> > If so, all we need is to add a call to AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE to
> > AC_LIB_LTDL.  Hmmm, but then if a non-automake project calls
> > AC_LIB_LTDL, when they run autoreconf, it will run automake -a :-(
>
> Running automake in this case sounds sensible to me.

Running automake would sound sensible to an Automake maintainer.  :-)
However, if the user is not using Automake then it may be that they
are not a fan of Automake, or perhaps a reasonable Automake is not
even installed.

It seems easiest to take an Automake-generated Makefile.in and use it
as a reference to creating a stripped-down version which is sufficient
to build ltdl.c into a library using libtool.  That way the Makefile
is maximally compatible with Automake, while not being an Automake
Makefile.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden