ambitus questions

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: ambitus questions
Date: 11 Jul 2002 09:59:31 -0400

I'm enjoying using the new ambitus engraver; it's fun having that
information available by default, without having to do the stuff my
incipit-writing script does to get it from the MIDI file.

My first reaction looking at it is that it's a little too close to the
clef.  Is this something that can be fixed either by default or by
tuning some parameter?

One of my plans for my website redesign is to have each piece have
it's own page, with the incipit for each part.  To generate these
automatically, I need a way to print the ambitus of a set of notes
without printing all the notes.  I can think of some things to play
with; has anyone solved the problem yet?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139