Re: dynamics for piano

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: dynamics for piano
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 02:09:45 -0700

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:49:20 +0200 (CEST)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> For piano music, dynamic marks are usually centered between the left
> and right staff.  How can I do that globally to avoid fiddling around
> with extra-offset for each dynamic sign?

I don't know how to make dynamics automatically centered, but if you make
one #'padding change (say, increase it to 1.5 or so) at the beginning of
your piece and don't revert it until the very end, the dynamics should be
approximately centered.  (if you stick the dynamics in the left hand)

HTH,
- Graham Percival