Re: centered dynamics

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: centered dynamics
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 01:44:36 +0200 (CEST)

> > I want a mechanism to make dynamics really centered between two
> > staves, and only vertical collisions should cause them to be
> > moved.  Could a vertical spanner be used for centering the
> > dynamics staff line?
>
> > try setting minimum-space on the dynamiclinespanner.

How shall this influence the positioning of the (invisible) staff line
which contains the dynamics?  Perhaps I was not precise enough in the
description of what I want: A vertical spanner should be used for
*always* centering the invisible staff line which contains both
dynamic marks like `mf' and things like `cresc. - - - -' to make them
independent of any extreme vertical extensions in the upper or lower
staff line (with `centering' I mean centered relative to the five
staff lines, ignoring any notes in the staff).  This often means that
the invisible staff line overlaps with items in the upper or lower
staff.

With other words, the invisible staff itself should not be taken into
account for computing vertical alignment, but the visible items in the
invisible staff should do.

    Werner