Re: Re[2]: Cygwin problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Cygwin problem
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:25:50 +0100

Sorry, I read "recompiled" when you actually said "reinstalled".
The Cygwin installer should always give you a basic cygwin
installation, so it makes sense if Lilyond doesn't have one
explicitly. If you manually deselected every single package,
the installer probably gets too confused. What you can do if
you really want to make a full reinstall, is to make sure to
remove all the files downloaded by the installer (usually a
directory somewhere on the Desktop) and maybe even erase the
full C:\cygwin\ tree. I've done it a couple of times just to
verify that the installation procedure works correctly.
I don't know Cygwin good enough to say which packages you should
add in your existing "installation", but if you clean it away
completely, you should definitely get back to a working setup.
(If you have a slow network connection, it may be worth to
try to find a better solution.)

   /Mats