Re: Lilypond 1.8 config. and make

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Lilypond 1.8 config. and make
Date: 10 Aug 2003 10:33:04 +0200

"R. D. Davis" <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't recall what they were exactly, but I can happily tell you that
> after moving the lilypond-1.8.0 directory to a different name, then
> untarring lilypond-1.8.0 again, running configure with the right
> options again for kpathsea, everything appears to be ok this time.

Ok, thanks.  We'll leave it at that, then.

> Perhaps there was a permissions problem somewhere, as I noticed that
> various recently installed files, branching off of /usr/local, didn't
> have the correct permissions... for some reason, install has started
> setting some directories to 700 instead of 755 and some files to 600
> instead of 644.

Strange.  You did mention upgrading coreutils...

> Everything appeared to build ok, and lilypond appears to have worked
> as expected on a .ly source file, but did print some python-related
> warnings:
>
> /usr/local/share/lilypond/1.8.0/python/gettext.py:141: FutureWarning: hex/oct
> constants > sys.maxint will return positive values in Python 2.4 and up

Yes, I noticed.  You can remove that file an so use the gettext.py
in your python installation.

> Alas, there seems to be a problem with the convert-ly program, as the
> following errors appeared after running ly2dvi on the converted .ly
> file:

> /home/rdd/synth/my-music/a.ly:1:1: In expression (set-chord-name-style (quote
> jazz)):
> /home/rdd/synth/my-music/a.ly:1:1: Unbound variable: set-chord-name-style
> ly2dvi: warning: `/usr/local/bin/lilypond' failed (status 2) (ignored)

Chordnames were redone rather than revised, certain things, as the
style directive, cannot be converted very easily.  Just commenting it
out will do what you want, I guess.

> Yes, it was a permissions problem with oop.

Ok.

Jan.