Text spanners that word wrap.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Text spanners that word wrap.
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 12:37:45 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> Since Braille is read as "prose" and is not formatted as per the
> characteristics of printed "conventional" music, I am looking at
> generating the text for a staff and planting it as a prose section above
> as discussed previously. However, it *might* be long and I would prefer
> it to word wrap rather than tramming off the end of the staff and/or
> continuing with the next system as a break aligned object.
>
> Can anybody tell me if there is an easy way to do this as things stand,
> or will I have to program in a special item formatting object to achieve
> this? I'm happy to have a go at this if there is no alternative already
> available.

I don't really understand: you want to put braille code next to
staves. Should the braille texts be synchronized with musical events
or not? Or are they to be synchronized only at line breaks (ie. at the
left end of a system), and then follow their own formatting?

What happened with the incremental path of starting with a \markup
command that prints braille dots?