Re: reading material?

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: reading material?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:16:07 +0200 (EET)

>   http://www.mindview.net/WebLog/log-0025

I liked especially the following rule:

  "If it is not tested, it is broken." =)

>  > Scheme is interpreted, the behavior of the program (say LilyPond) can be
>
>  > changed dynamically.
>
> Just to bring a correction:
> interpreted/compiled implementation is orthogonal dynamic/static
> programs. That's the second that you are refering to, it seems. guile
> scheme is interpreted only, but it could have had a compiler and not
> lose its dynamicity.

I should not have touched the dynamic/static issue -- never have understood it
(i.e. the difference between dynamic/static C-libraries in linux) in depth.
Being said dynamically, I should have said 'when typing a .ly file'. But your
correction (Thanks!) made my point, 'to be able to change the grammary (i.e.
lexical rules) on-the-fly', clearer:

--
  Heikki Junes