jDvi and lily4jedit

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: jDvi and lily4jedit
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 19:57:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

it is with great pleasure that I announce the availability of an alpha
version of lily4edit-dvi!!!

What is it?

It is a modified version of jDvi, which is a java dvi viewer. It
understands a few of lilypond's specials (enough to read it). You can
start it from within jEdit using one of the two provided macros. And you
can (hold your breath):

        Click on one of those note heads to jump back into your source
        file to the very definition of this note!!!

Of course, you have to enable point-and-click first, but that is only one
line in your source:

        #(ly:set-point-and-click 'line-column)

So, this brings the comfort to all of you Windows users, who think emacs
or gvim are a machine of hell ;-)

How to get it?

>From http://sourceforge.net/projects/lily4jedit/ get the package
lily4jedit-dvi. Unpack it inside your local jedit folder. Edit the file
macros/jdviProp to reflect where your font path is (not necessary for
Windows, as I tested it with Windows). If you don't have a proper OS,
pray that you installed cygwin to c:/cygwin (else you are a bit on your
own)!

How to use it?

Open a .ly file. Run the macro "RunLily" to compile it to a .dvi file. Run
the macro "ViewLilyDVI" to open the viewer. For eye-candy, press "e" to
see what are the hot spots and click on one of them...

Ciao,
Dscho