feature request: grace notes at end of bar

From: Graham Percival
Subject: feature request: grace notes at end of bar
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:45:01 -0800

Similar to my other request, I'd like to request an easy mechanism
for inserting grace notes at the end of a bar.  (this arose for me
recently with typesetting a Schubert clarinet piece)

If we imagine that the bar line really is a bar line (rather than
just a bar line check), then

c1 \grace {b c} |
d1

I'm not certain what syntax would be best in this case.  And yes,
I know we can mimic it with

<< c1 { s2. \grace {b c} } >> | d1

but it's awkward to write, awkward to read, etc.