Re: Autopackage of Lilypond

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Autopackage of Lilypond
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:40:15 +0200

Taj Morton writes:

Hi,

> Thanks for creating the Autopackage of lilypond. It works, however it
> appears that dependencies are not being retreived correctly.

Thanks for the report.  I've cc'd the lilypond list, try to keep al
lilypond related discussion there.

> It downloaded libpng and ghostscript for me, but I already had the
> correct versions libpng and ghostscript installed.

What platform do you use?  If a package gets installed, it means that
the availability- or version-check fails.  What does gs --version say?

As for libpng, do you have the libpng development package installed,
as I do not have a great solution there.  The autopackaged gs binary
needs a libpng with versioned symbols, but I do not know of a good way
to check for that, except by trying to compile this c snippet

    /* png12.c */
    int
    main ()
    {
      __asm__ (".symver png_info_init_12_0,address@hidden");
      return png_info_init_12_0 ();
    }

with

    gcc -lpng12

> Also, where did you get the skeleton for libpng from?

The skeletons and specs are in the LilyPond's cvs module installers

    cvs -d subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/lilypond co installers/linux/autopackage

Greetings,

Jan.