RE: lilypond 2.7.8 bagpipe music gracenote spacing

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: RE: lilypond 2.7.8 bagpipe music gracenote spacing
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:23:15 +0200

Graydon wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 01:55:15PM +0200, Sven Axelsson scripsit:
>> Graydon wrote:
> [snip]
>>> The grace note comes out closer to the second note than the first,
>>> but not as close to the second note as in the 'no beam' case.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions for how to center up these grace notes generally?
>
> [snip]
>> Another possibility would be to fiddle with the extra-offset grob
>> property. This offset is applied after the score layout has been
>> calculated, so it doesn't affect other items. I haven't figured out
>> how to reference the note as a unit, though. This changes the
>> position of the note head only:
>>
>> extraSpace = \once \override Staff.NoteHead #'extra-offset = #'(-1 .
>> 0)
>
> This looks like the better option; I'll take a poke at it.

This seems to work well:

extraNoteSpace = {
  \once \override Staff.NoteHead #'extra-offset = #'(-1 . 0)
  \once \override Staff.Stem #'extra-offset = #'(-1 . 0)
}

Just put it before the grace note you want to move, like

\grg b8[ \thrwd d8] \dble e4 \extraNoteSpace \gra e8[ f8] |

--
P/S Sven Axelsson, The Murray Pipes & Drums of Gothenburg