Re: wiki page for compiling on OSX (Graham Percival)

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: wiki page for compiling on OSX (Graham Percival)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:55:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005, Matthias Neeracher wrote:

> Note that it's not "fink" that only supports the latest OS versions, but the
> maintainer of the lilypond fink package (due to lack of time & access to older
> system). If your starting point is fink, it might make sense to submit your
> build recipes as modifications of the lilypond fink package. I'd be happy to
> accept lilypond patches for older systems.

Note that due to lack of time of other maintainers, it became a major
hassle to compile lilypond. You really have to compile most of the 3rd
party libraries yourself, since lilypond will not work with older
versions.

But yes, if I find new things which are needed to compile on 10.2.8, I
will post them here. Last time I tried to make lilypond compile (short
after 2.7.23, I think), it worked just fine. Even "make web"...

Ciao,
Dscho