docs: 10.5.6 penultimate example on accidentals and spacing

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: docs: 10.5.6 penultimate example on accidentals and spacing
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:57:09 -0600

The second-to-last example in 10.5.6 reads "Symbol sizes (such as
accidentals) may be disregarded for determining horizontal spacing".
However, if we look at the example (with the double accidentals) it's
clear that, in fact, accidental width *is* definitely affecting the
horizontal spacing. (We can see this because the space between each of
the noteheads differs.)

I know that the size of symbols such as clefs and barlines can
effectively be ignored for purposes of horizontal spacing with
strict-note-spacing, as the very last example on in 10.5.6 shows. But
I'm not sure that accidental size actually can be ignored for
horizontal spacing.

Does anyone know for certain whether accidental size can be ignored
for horizontal spacing?

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden