Re: Transformation experiments

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Transformation experiments
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 10:57:01 +0200

Erlend Aasland schreef:
On 5/3/06, *Erlend Aasland* <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Currently the implementation rotates a stencil around it's center,
    but this isn't alway desired (I think). It would perhaps make more
    sense to rotate hairpins around the origin... I'm thinking of a good
way to make this tunable...

Hmm... What would be the best way to get the center of the rotation? Should I create another grob property (i.e. 'rotation-center = #'(0 . 0))? Or should we hide it in C++ and not make it tunable?

I think it's better to explicitly ask for everything, ie.

  #'rotation = #'(45 0 -1)

(where the last 2 numbers are 1,-1 style.)

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com