Re: Yet another 2 patches for music streams

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Yet another 2 patches for music streams
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:42:31 +0200

Hi,

I've made the suggested modifications to the first patch. In order to proceed,
I had to do some additional modifications:
- Music_iterator::try_music now autodescends to a bottom context, and the
method has been renamed to report_music.
- Event_iterator has been introduced. Music events are iterated by
event_iterator by default (was Simple_music_iterator before). I don't think
Event_chord_iterator adds anything over Simultaneous_music_iterator (apart
from speed, possibly), so it can probably be junked.
- I have junked:
 - old-lyric-combine
 - output-property-iterator
 - try_music_in_children everywhere

I'll probably be away from CVS access from Thursday to Monday or so, so it
would be convenient for me to commit these changes tomorrow (more-or-less all
remaining work depends on this megapatch).

A new todo element popped up also:
It should be fairly easy to create a Scheme_sequential_iterator, where the
get_music_list method is customised from Scheme. This can be used to softcode
Chord_tremolo_iterator, Percent_iterator, Sequential_music_iterator and
Time_scaled_music_iterator.

Known issue: \lyricsto is slightly broken (fails on morgenlied.ly), I haven't
had the time to check it up but hope to fix it soon.

> > -     (tremolo-type ,integer? "")
> > +     (tremolo-type ,integer? "speed of tremolo, e.g. 16 for c4:16")
>
> hmm. That sucks, we should store the negative log (-4 for 16) rather
> than 16.

I also haven't made this change yet

--
Erik