Re: Yet another 2 patches for music streams

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Yet another 2 patches for music streams
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 00:39:09 +0200

On Monday 22 May 2006 11:47, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Erik Sandberg schreef:
> > +  if (start_moment_.main_part_.is_infinity () && start_moment_ < 0)
> > +    start_moment_ = now;
> > +
>
> I don't understand. What is this for?

I remember now.

When I streamified Score::Prepare, I introduced a new convention: Before
iteration starts, the current moment is set to -inf. (I think it was 0
before, which is confusing if a piece starts with grace notes).

With this convention, the above lines are required because the part-combiner's
start_moment_ is set in construct_children, which might be called before
iteration starts. I suspect this fixes a bug that nobody has found yet.

--
Erik