Re: Getting the height of a system.

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Getting the height of a system.
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:30:30 +1000

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 20:58 +1000, Joe Neeman wrote:

> > > Here's a first attempt at doing this. It isn't complete or well-tested
> > > yet.
Here's my second attempt. I think it is feature-complete. It's also
reasonably fast. I have successfully used it to page-break the entire
Haydn Op 76 string quartets and it seems to be accurate enough. Web
makes successfully, although I haven't yet dug through the regression
tests to make sure they're OK.

Things still to do:
- remove the debugging messages
- remove the code that is commented out
- review the caching (I implemented caching little by little while
benchmarking, but I don't know if my later efforts made my earlier ones
obsolete)
- maybe move most of Grob::pure_height and
Grob::pure_relative_y_coordinate to Scheme (It was originally in scheme,
but I moved it to C++ for speed reasons that might not matter any more)

How does it look?