Re: Getting the height of a system.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Getting the height of a system.
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:12:05 +0200

Joe Neeman schreef:
make web still works and there are no detected formatting changes.
Very very cool. Does this complete the optimal pagebreaking, or does the dynamic programming part need more work now?

I revisited the algorithm a few weeks ago, so it should be fairly clean.
There is some more functionality I would like to do though:

- tandem page/line breaking with page turns (done)
- tandem page/line breaking ignoring page turns (todo)
- tandem page/line breaking with fixed number of pages (todo)
- line, then page breaking ignoring page turns (todo)

I've tried to refactor the existing code so the other methods won't take
much code. Once I've done the last one, I can rip out the existing page
breaker. I'll post my code here before I do all that, though. It's quite
capable of peacefully coexisting with the current page breaker.

OK, but this already should give new functionality, right? If so we can merge the code. We should have one or two of testcases though. Either real-world pieces or some artificial scores.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com