Re: Staff.instr code change?

From: Papazian Christophe
Subject: Re: Staff.instr code change?
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 19:00:17 +0200

Sorry for the poor style, it was my first time into c++ sources of lilypond.

For the tmp variable, I would be happy if I could find how
to make it linked to one engraver object (and not a global variable)
but then I didn't success to find how access it from where I need it.
(Remark : If you could access to the currentBarNumber property from the place
where tmp is used, you don't need tmp at all, but I did not find how to)

I am sure you could reindent a couple a lines of new code ! :)

Undeclared properties ?? Did you mean the new properties "last", "first", etc ? What is the problem ? (There are only defined and used for internal purpose, and don't interact with anything else) Is there some compulsory "declaration process" ?

For the vector, I think you have to keep all information into a vector,
as you don't know, when you parse the *.ly file, when the line breakings will occur, so you need to wait for them to be computed, to know what information is revelant
and needs to be printed by the engraver.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I was not really happy to have to pay for a '30 lines of C++' feature.

        Christophe