Re: Even more disconnected

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Even more disconnected
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:21:29 +0200

On Monday 14 August 2006 14:06, Erik Sandberg wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 August 2006 22:01, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Erik Sandberg wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I will be completely away from all kinds of computers whatsoever for
> > > about one more week. But stay tuned: some radical cleanups of music
> > > functions are in progress.
> >
> > did you realize that your last radical cleanup left a memory leak that
> > brought my autobuild to its knees?
>
> Ouch, sorry!
>
> > This type of error is caught by make
> > web, as it runs input/regression/ in one single lilypond invocation.
>
> Strange: my gs problems make lily stop at regression/utf-8.ly, which among
> the last regression/ files; so I should have noticed the problem here too.
> Perhaps the problem is that I have too much RAM? (1G)

BTW, it could also be because of differences in command-line lengths: My
system is 64-bit, so snippets are named like lily-nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn instead
of lily-nnnnnnnnn; in addition, the max command-line length differs in ubuntu
and macos IIRC. It seems that about 250 lily-* files fit on one command line,
so the processing of regression tests is split into two lilypond invocations.

--
Erik