Re: Correct way to ask for a glissando over a page break?

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Correct way to ask for a glissando over a page break?
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:56:41 -0600

On 2/1/07, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/1/07, Joe Neeman <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Hi Han-Wen, hi Joe,
> > >
> > > Related to Google #253, what's the correct way to ask for a glissando
> > > over a page break? Using Glissando #'breakable = ##t now issues a
> > > warning about us not using forced distance anymore; why?
>
> Because there is some old code in there that I need to clean up. For
> now, I'll remove the warning and hopefully I can fix it properly this
> weekend. Is the output OK?

Oh yeah; the output is super; it's just that I had bunches of warnings
(because bunches of glissandi in the piece) and so the debugging was
messy.

> > One last (I hope) related question is how to break a text spanner over
> > a line- or page-break without causing complaints:
>
> This warning isn't really needed, so I'll just remove it.

Hi Joe,

Just a quick thank you -- glissandi and text spanners break perfectly
and with no warnings across both line and page boundaries in 2.11.16.

Thanks!

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden