German quotes in the manual

From: Till Rettig
Subject: German quotes in the manual
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:52:21 +0300

Hi John,

I just checked it again: the quotes for German are not yet adjusted like the french ones. I thought this would happen automatically kind of with "babel", but I don't know much about texinfo, so it doesn't seem to be so much like latex. Anyways, I now suppose the changes are managed by those postfixes after the language definitions in the langdefs.py file. It's just I don't know how they should look for German. Do you have any idea? I would like German douple quotes for @qq (that is double "comma" in the beginning and the starting English double quote for the end), accordingly for @q only on sign, and I think, the marks for @quote (do I get this now right? I think, so far they look like an grave accent and an apostrophe) should be the same as for @q. What is by the way the difference between the last two?

I can also try to check it out myself if you have some hints: where would I find those commands for texinfo?

Another question goes to compiling: I got the translated sources compiled and there was an out directory in both the main directory and Documentation. But it didn't contain anything that I could use like the web interface for the documentation. Where are they generated and can I watch them without installing lilypond?

Greetings
Till