Re: info documentation with images?

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: info documentation with images?
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:28:30 +0100

Le lundi 14 janvier 2008 à 12:16 +0100, David Kastrup a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I thought I remembered that Lilypond was supposed to be able to generate
> info files with images (and that Emacs' CVS was able to display those
> images).

Emacs 22.1 can display Info files with PNGs,
and Lilypond actually generates Info docs with images in
Documentation/user/out-www, and if you configured the installation
prefix as /usr, "make web-install" will install Info files with PNG
images in /usr/share/info/lilypond.  If you configured another prefix,
an echoed message will tell you to link/copy PNGs manually.

> But I can find nothing in the documentation about how to enable this,
> and not even a git branch with an obvious name.

There is no special Git branch for this.  See details in
Documentation/user/GNUmakefile.

> Have I been dreaming this?  Or was this just a local hack not checked
> into the repository that somebody talked about?

You haven't dreamt, but this is probably not much used.  Speaking of,
I'd like to be able to browse .info files with Emacs without having to
install them in /usr or /usr/local; has sombody any clue?

HTH,
John