Re: Problem lilypond-book and fragments with quote and line-width

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Problem lilypond-book and fragments with quote and line-width
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:17:08 +0100

Am Samstag, 29. März 2008 schrieben Sie:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:38:58 +0100
> > 3) Sorry, but I don't understand that third item at all. What do you
> > mean by "quoted"?
>
> Indented like the lilypond code.

Hmm, that must be a problem with the lilypond settings. If I use the exact
same @example lines in a stand-alone texi file, everything is indented just
fine (with makeinfo --html there are five explicit spaces added -- not a good
idea since that makes copying code from these sections harder; in the PDF
from texi2pdf the indentation is also there).

After some playing around, it really must be some problem in one of our .tely
files. The pdf works just fine with all @example code. And if I put the
@example into the top node, it also works just fine in HTML. But in section
3.1.2 the identical @example code no longer works...

> In the texi2html output, it might be indented slightly

texi2html uses a table with an   in the first column and the example
contents in the second. This is sooooo 1990! We should probably change that
in our init file to produce html code that passes current HTML style rules

> > Apparently, only internal links are correctly expanded (the "Saving
> > typing" points to a section of the same file and is written as @ref
> > {..}, while the File structure points to the NR ans is written as
> > @ruser{File structure}). All external references show up with
> > "(undefined)".
>
> Ok.  Is this unavoidable?  If so, that's fine; I just haven't
> looked into it.

Neither have I. the main problem I see with PDFs is that the linked PDF needs
to exist to be able to retrieve the correct page number. No idea how texi2pdf
handles this case (if it does at all!)..

Cheers,
Reinhold