Re: CVS ERROR: Unable to find file "lily.scm"

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: CVS ERROR: Unable to find file "lily.scm"
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 01:40:14 +0200

I guess you mean "GIT" when you say "CVS".

This error message has appeared occasionally on the
mailing lists for situations where either the installation
has failed or where the automatic setting of some path
variables has failed. The file lily.scm together with a large
number of other .scm files should be installed in
.../share/lilypond/current/scm/
where LilyPond should find them automatically without
any need for manual settings of environment variables.

   /Mats

Andrew Wagner wrote:

Hello-

I'm experiencing the same problem Tapio did:

compiled
/ChangeLog/1.4659 from CVS

seems to compile OK, but when trying to run 'lilypond'
it spits out the following:

"GNU LilyPond 2.7.35
ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path"

what should I do to fix this?

greetings, Tapio

I found a lily.scm file is sitting in my build directory:
/Users/awagner/Developer/lilypond/lilypond/scm

Anyone know where I should copy these files to, or how to hint something to their current location?

I'm on os x 10.4, compiling from the git-downloaded developer version.

Thanks,
Drew

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing