Re: Nested book parts

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Nested book parts
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 14:09:45 -0700

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 08:10:29AM -0700, address@hidden wrote:

> Line 266: bool last_from_part = (i == lines_per_page.size () - 1);
> On 2008/10/15 01:06:06, joeneeman wrote:
>> I'm not sure this is the logic we want here. I think we want to treat
> the last
>> page in a bookpart the same as the last page in a book. This would
> give the
>> per-score ragged-last-bottom feature that some people have been asking
> for.
>
> `last_from_part' is used to achieve what you propose: treat the part
> last page as the one that gets special spacing with ragged-last-bottom.
> `last_from_book' is used to know where to put the tagline. We do not
> want  a tagline at every last page of book parts.
> `is_first' is useless indeed (remainer of previous implementation)
> but `is_last' is useful, not to put tagline on every part last
> page.

I'd really like to have a tagline for each part; I use it for
text like "Composed from Jan - May 2003", which I think is cute to
include.  :)

Could last_from_part be accessible from scheme?  Currently I'm
getting my desired taglines with this function:

#(define (last-page-score layout props arg)
  (if (or (member (chain-assoc-get 'page:page-number props -1)
           (map (lambda (x) (- x 1)) (cdr FIRSTPAGES)))
          (chain-assoc-get 'page:last? props #f))
   (interpret-markup layout props arg)
   empty-stencil))

but this requires me to define FIRSTPAGES manually, which is
highly inelegant.  :(