Re: GOP pre-planning: Frog bugfixing

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: GOP pre-planning: Frog bugfixing
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 00:32:22 +0100

On 11.12.2008 (22:00), Valentin Villenave wrote:
> Both sides are equally important, because it's the feature count that
> makes users *and devs* stick with Lily.

I don't know about the devs -- you're probably right that to them, new
features are more interesting -- but THIS user sticks with LilyPond because the
output is superb. As it is, LP deals with 99% of the western music notation
canon, and to me, the perfectioning of that is far more important than
filling in the remaining %.
Also, a higher priority for me would be to simplify input for the 30% which
go beyond simple music expressions  and where scheme or fiddling with grob
properties are required.
For the academic world, I've suggested a five-year enforced writer's block,
to give us all a chance to catch up. Something similar for LP would mean:
no more features until the buglist is empty :)

Eyolf

--
rib site n.

 [by analogy with backbone site] A machine
   that has an on-demand high-speed link to a backbone site and
   serves as a regional distribution point for lots of third-party
   traffic in email and Usenet news.  Compare leaf site,
   backbone site.