Re: Contributor Guide "volunteers" needed

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Contributor Guide "volunteers" needed
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 00:48:26 +0800

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 04:18:24PM +0100, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> I suppose it should rather be
>    git-format-patch origin
> for one patch for each local commit or
>    git-format-patch HEAD^1
> for just the last local commit.

Let's go with
  git-format-patch origin

We don't want new contributors losing their patches.  I'd rather
have Carl need to filter out a few extra patches rather than have
a disappointing start for new contributors.  If problems persist
with multiple patches, Carl can say a few words after things have
settled down.