Re: Building GUB3

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Building GUB3
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:28:02 +0100

On ma, 2009-02-16 at 01:11 +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> > Does the attached patch help?
> It doesn't, I get exactly the same error :-(

Thanks for trying... I'm a bit at loss how to fix this without being
able to reproduce it.  I can think of one other thing to try,
otherwise I hope that Han-Wen has an idea?

>From the logs it is clear that the librestrict.py is being read,
but the appropriate class is not found.

It almost looks like
a python-2.5.1 (or possibly ever a race-) problem.  What if you
add at the bottom of gub/specs/librestrict.py

  Librestrict_open__tools = Librestrict__tools

> I hope the attached full output from the terminal may give a hint. What
> I don't get is that during first GUB invocation
> ("python bin/gub  --platform=tools git"), a lot of packages in tools are
> built, then a new invocation
> (python bin/gub  --platform=tools ...") explictly calls building of
> librestrict-open, make and a lot of other packages.

> Why not doing only one GUB invocation from the makefile?

Yes, that's where we're going.  This bootstrap idea is from the old
days that gub could not handle cross-target dependencies.  Also
it's playing safe: first build GIT, then the other tools, then
the cross compilers, then the rest.

Jan.