Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation

From: Sawada , Yoshiki
Subject: Re: Clarifying and requests for documentation
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 15:40:05 +0000 (UTC)

Hello John,

John Mandereau <john.mandereau <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> > ---- Request ----
> > 1. NR 1.1.3 Displaying pitches -> Clef
> >
> > In "See also", the reference to Internals Reference: "Clef" is translated
> > "音部記号" by ja.po file. But it should not be translated because it is a object
> > name.
> >

> There is no way to fix it right now, but it will be possible when I have
> modified the build scripts so node
> names and sections titles are no longer translated after compilation by
> texi2html, but are translated directly
> in the source file.

Do you mean that you will make node names and section titles translated only by
manual
(that is, they are translated in the source files, but not by the po file)?
If it is correct, I want new commands as following rather than it:

@rinternalsnamed-untranslated{TEXT,DISPLAY}

where, DISPLAY is not translated.
Is this possible?

> Now I have merged TRANSLATION into the
> Contributors' Guide (by the way, if you
> can afford enough time, could you please proofread it?), I'm putting a
> high priority on working on the doc
> translation infrastructure (along with going back to GUB compilation front).

Congratulations! It will be very useful for new contributors including me.
I checked it a little. It looks much better than the former TRANSLATION.
I will proofread it, of course, with pleasure.

For the moment, the points which I noticed are as following:

1. Files to be translated

In addition to "index.html.in", "translations.template.html.in" should be
translated.

2. Translating the Learning Manual and other Texinfo documentation

It says that arguments of reference commands such as @ref and @rglos should not
be translated. But there are more reference commands: @rglosnamed, @rlearning,
@rlearningnamed and so on -- see "macros.itexi".

By the way, Documentation 2.13.0 which is uploaded to Kainhofer's website is
very useful. Thank you very much, Reinhold!

Thanks,
Yoshiki