Re: development on windows

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:45:48 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes
2)  I don't know what the current favorite fancy IDE is, although
I'm fairly certain that Eclipse runs on Linux.  I'm not certain if
that would actually be good for LilyPond, though -- does it
support C++ and makefiles?  IIRC eclipse is for java stuff.

Actually, Eclipse is for almost anything ...

I seem to remember that IBM are touting it as *the* IDE for developing the U2 databases in (I'm a U2 developer professionally), though I've never been into IDEs so I've not really followed it.

Eclipse is (iirc) written in Java, but that doesn't mean it's only meant for Java development (emacs is written in lisp, but it's certainly not used just for lisp development!)

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden