Re: lilybuntu confusion

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilybuntu confusion
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 00:32:27 -0700

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 04:07:08PM -0600, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> On 6/30/09 1:30 PM, "Mark Polesky" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > regarding this...
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00294.html
> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-06/msg00303.html

Mailing lists are not documentation.
(not directed at you, Mark :)

> > Jonathan Kulp wrote:
> >> After making the .iso I tested it in Sun VirtualBox OSE and
> >> everything worked perfectly. Here are the exact steps I
> >> followed (see if you think they're noob-friendly enough):
> >>
> >> 1. Install the OS in VirtualBox, then restart the virtual
> >>    machine and log in

address@hidden:~/svn/lilypond/Documentation/devel$ grep VirtualBox
*
address@hidden:~/svn/lilypond/Documentation/devel$

Hmm.  It appears that these contributor-related instructions
didn't make it in the CG.

(still not directed at Mark)

> You install the operating system that is on the .iso you downloaded.
>
> One that is open source and claims to work with both XP and Vista is
> WinCDEmu:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincdemu

More good info.
(still not directed at Mark)

Perhaps somebody-not-Mark could write the instructions in CG 1.3,
then a Frogmeister-not-Mark could proofread those instructions and
add whatever else is needed.

If you want to rename the section, go ahead.  If you want to
suggest a different location fine; I haven't really thought about
where to put it.  The important thing at the moment is just to get
it... I'll be reviewing the CG in a few days, anyway.

... actually, the *most* important thing at the moment is to get
into the habit of using the CG, both for writing and reading.