Re: the "separate, but integrated" website proposal

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: the "separate, but integrated" website proposal
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 18:35:47 +0200

Le mardi 04 août 2009 à 07:30 -0600, Carl Sorensen a écrit :
> So, I have heartburn about regressions on the stable branch as indicated by
> failure to pass the regtest.  But I have no heartburn about "regressions"
> that mean a complicated example that uses tweaks doesn't look right any
> more.

I agree with your point, and if I understand it well, it doesn't give a
justification for not generating examples from the sources with binary
from the sources.  However, complicated examples are like real users
scores, which shouldn't suffer from the need of syntax updates other
what convert-ly can handle, in case we ever allow convert-lyable syntax
changes in a stable branch -- IIRC we don't want to, do we?

I think changes in formatting that make some tweaks no longer necessary
imply should be handled by convert-ly, or alternatively should be pushed
to a development branch.

Best,
John