Re: does ancient music work correctly?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: does ancient music work correctly?
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:33:49 +0100

2009/8/9 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> Does ancient music work correctly -- I mean `correctly' to the extent
> of the limited support we have?  Looking at the headword of section
> 2.8 (Ancient notation), I see that the very last note clashes with the
> final double barline.  Additionally, if I change the \paper section from
>
>  \paper{
>    ragged-right=##t
>    line-width=17\cm
>    indent=0\cm
>  }

>  \paper{
>    line-width=15\cm
>    indent=0\cm
>  }
>
> (this is what I would like to use to make it fit the page width of the
> PDF, see attached image) I see that the \finalis double line is two
> times positioned *before* the preceding note...

I'm not sure what's going on here, Werner, but something which might
improve matters would be to use barlines for divisiones instead of
breathing signs: since Joe's fixed the spacing problems associated
with empty barlines, it should be possible to reinstate barAlways =
##t together with timing = ##f for VaticanaStaff.  If the barType
default is set to "", this will allow correct line-breaking while
removing the need to misuse \breathe.

Attached is a quick test of the Ancient Headword using barlines, which
seems much better than the current behaviour.

Regards,
Neil