Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support

From: demery
Subject: Re: PATCH: Improved tablature support
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:29:57 -0000

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> said:

> function like all music functions is a prefix
> operator.  Applied to a sequence of notes like
>
> \xNote { e f }
>
> it's fine, but
>
> c d\xNote e f

> < g \xNote c f >

Conventions aside (...like all music functions...), my preference would be
for postfix rather than prefix, the space separating the prefix operator
from its argument also distances them visually; as the example points out,
that can be confusing; the postfix operator needs no space and can be
adjacent to its operand; concise and intuitive.  Subtle point.

--
Dana Emery