Re: UTF-8 support needs implementing to fix all bidi/rtl/ltr issues

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: UTF-8 support needs implementing to fix all bidi/rtl/ltr issues
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:15:51 -0800

On 2009-12-11, Ted Walther wrote:
> Thank you for filing that bug issue!  How are things progressing?  Also,
> can I make a $100 donation in gratitude to the person implementing the
> fix?  Who is the responsible party to send the money to?

I think this issue is fixed now.  As Valentin noted, please wait until
2.13.10 is released to verify that everything works for you.

Looking at your Shema4.ly file again, you should be able to get this
working with 2.13.9 or earlier.  Try wrapping some of the
multi-character Hebrew syllables with U+202D and U+202C; for example,

  <U+202D>יש<U+202C>

should be rendered left-to-right.  You'll see erroneous warnings (that
will be fixed in 2.13.10), but the file should compile fine.

Thanks,
Patrick