Re: Essay status

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Essay status
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:22:03 +0000

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 06:18:13PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> What's the completion status of the essay?  Are at least some chapters
> stabilized enough so that they can be translated, reusing translations
> of former Chapter 1 Introduction of the Learning Manual and the Essay on
> the old website?  I can't figure it out myself from Git history.

We believe that the "new" essay material has superceeded the old
essay.  We're not certain, though, and I'm not certain how much of
the old stuff I've removed.  I deliberately didn't delete the
files, but I forget whether essay.tely still includes them.

I have a vague recollection that I was supposed to invite comments
once the next devel release went online, but I can't remember if
that was supposed to be 2.13.9 or 2.13.10.

Also, the "new" essay material hasn't really been put into a
structure yet.

It's definitely not ready for translators.  But I'm pretty certain
that when the time comes, translating from scratch will be the way
to go.