Re: Scheme Engraver - Removing Engravers

From: Eric Knapp
Subject: Re: Scheme Engraver - Removing Engravers
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 07:11:47 -0600

On Thursday, January 28, 2010, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Two points.
>
> First, policy is that we don't top post on this list.  You'll be received
> better if you avoid top posting.  I hope you view this as a gentle reminder;
> it's intended to be that.  Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I used be strongly against top
posting and was quite vocal about it. I found that I was just
alienating myself from newer Internet users who didn't know what I was
talking about. It appears that this list is populated by a lot of long
term Internet users and I'll happily stop top posting!

> Second, you don't need to write new contexts.  You just need to define your
> contexts in a layout block. (See Notation Reference, 4.2.2).  Then you'll
> define your StaffTab as a template, where your Staffs (by default) will
> include the new Scheme engravers that you've written, and remove the
> New_fingering_engraver.

I'll check this out this morning, thanks.

-Eric