Re: nice stockhausen excerpt

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: nice stockhausen excerpt
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 01:15:55 +0000

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 03:59:04PM +0100, Hans Aberg wrote:
> On 22 Feb 2010, at 15:26, Graham Percival wrote:
>
>>> Read it yourself. Does the use affect the market of the original
>>> work?
>>> That would suffice, as copyright law is essentially a business law.
>>
>> No.  Fair dealing under Canadian law is not a matter of "satisfy
>> any one requirement".  It's "satisfy all requirements".
>
> You have the law here:
>   http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/C-42/page-3.html#anchorbo-ga:l_III-
> gb:s_29
>> How seriously have you read the act?
>
> So I have at least checked the relevant section.

Unless the government of Canada webservers are giving me a
different HTML file than you, your "checking" is flawed.  In that
location, I see:

Research or private study
29.

Criticism or review
29.1

News reporting
29.2

then there are additional exemptions for education institutions,
libraries, archives, and museums, etc.

We are not doing research or private study.  We are not doing
criticism or review.  We are not doing news reporting.  We are not
an educational institution or library.

What's so hard to understand?